Local organizations receive grant awards from One SC Fund
GRAND STRAND, PEE DEE (WMBF) – Organizations across South Carolina will receive $380,000 in Phase Five grant awards from the One SC Fund, a fundraising effort to help South Carolinians who are recovering from a disaster.
The grant will support the organizations' projects, ranging from mold remediation to complete home rebuilds.
The following organizations will receive the grant awards:
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Charleston, Inc.: Mold Remediation and General Rebuild in Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Marion and Williamsburg counties
- Darlington County Long Term Recovery Group: mold remediation and general rebuild in Darlington County
- Home Works of America: Mold remediation and general rebuild in the Charleston area
- Hearts & Heads Disaster Recovery: general rebuild in all disaster declared counties
- Lowcountry Community Action Agency, Inc.: general rebuild in Colleton and Hampton counties
- Charleston County Human Services Commission: general rebuild and materials for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties
- SVDP Diocesan Council of Charleston: house in a box and furnishings for 15 Midlands and Coastal counties, including Clarendon County
- The Palmetto Project: home furnishings for 15 Midlands and Coastal counties, including Clarendon County
Copyright 2017 WMBF News. All rights reserved.