Piggly Wiggly sells 29 South Carolina stores
The parent companies of BI-LO and Harris Teeter grocery store chains have agreed to purchase 29 Piggly Wiggly stores across the Palmetto State.
Bi-Lo Holdings, LLC, Harris Teeter, and Piggly Wiggly made the agreement public on Thursday afternoon.
"We look forward to welcoming these new associates to the Bi-Lo Holdings family and to building on the strength of these stores," said Randall Onstead, president and CEO of Bi-Lo Holdings. "We will continue to fine-tune our company and network of stores so that we can reinvest in what matters most for our customers … the freshest foods, the best deals and really connecting to their neighborhoods."
"The departure of employees and stores from the Piggly Wiggly team will be acutely felt, but we know that Bi-Lo Holdings will benefit from these outstanding folks," said David Schools, president and CEO of Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company. "We are glad that employees will have the opportunity to work for Bi-Lo Holdings, and guests will continue to be served by the familiar people who have been the backbone of these stores for years."
The Piggly Wiggly stores purchased will soon be rebranded as BI-LO or Harris Teeter stores in the fourth quarter soon.
South Carolina locations to be re-branded as BI-LOs include:
- 50 Burnt Church Road, Bluffton
- 445 Meeting Street, Charleston
- 630 Skylark Drive, Charleston
- 104 Jungle Road, Edisto Beach
- 3575 Maybank Highway, Johns Island
- 9616 Highway 78, Ladson
- 208 E. McIntyre St., Mullins
- 115 Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island
Lowcountry locations to be re-branded as Harris Teeter stores include:
- 1220 Ben Sawyer Blvd., Mt. Pleasant
- 1981 Riviera Drive, Mt. Pleasant
- 1739 Maybank Highway, James Island
- 1985 Folly Road, Folly Beach
- 1005 Harborview Road, James Island
- Newton Farms, 130 Gardeners Circle, Johns Island
- Newton Farms, 1505 Palms Blvd., Isle of Palms (under construction)