School cleared after bomb threat at MBHS

Published: Dec. 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) No bombs or other explosive devices were found after a second bomb threat in two days at Myrtle Beach High School Thursday afternoon.

Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for Myrtle Beach Police, said the threat was found in the form of a note in a bathroom around 1:45 p.m.

Students have been evacuated to Myrtle Beach Middle School and a bomb sniffing dog has been called to the scene at 3302 Robert Grissom Parkway.

Nona Kerr, principal at Myrtle Beach High School, told WMBF News students would be dismissed at their regular time from MBMS. Parents were able to pick their children up at the middle school.

Just before 4 p.m., Knipes told WMBF News the school had been cleared and no bombs were found.

Thursday's threat was the second bomb threat in two days at Myrtle Beach High School. Officers responded Wednesday morning to a similar threat found in a bathroom. The school was later cleared and students returned back to their classes.

Making a bomb threat holds a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Copyright 2011 WMBF News. All rights reserved.