Public invited to Surfside Pier lawsuit legal briefing
SURFSIDE BEACH, SC (WMBF) A meeting scheduled for Tuesday evening will allow the public to hear more about a lawsuit involving the restaurant space at Surfside Pier.
A New Jersey family, once in the running to take over the space left vacant when the former tenants left last November, filed a lawsuit against the Town of Surfside Beach last week.
John Sifonios is alleging a breach of contract, claiming town leaders illegally backed out of a contract to rent the space to him back in the spring.
Town leaders will get a legal briefing from their attorney and the public is invited to attend.
The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. at Surfside Beach Town Hall.
- Once-potential tenant sues Surfside Beach over pier space
- Businessman opens up on involvement in Surfside Beach Pier bid
- Meeting to discuss Surfside Beach pier restaurant postponed
- Meeting reveals potential pier tenant passes background check
- Surfside Beach pier location lease in the works
Copyright 2011 WMBF News. All rights reserved.