Thousands without power in the Pee Dee due to freezing rain, winter weather
FLORENCE, S.C. (WMBF) - Sunday morning’s winter weather and freezing rain is leaving many in the dark across the Pee Dee.
Duke Energy’s outage map showed the following number of outages as of around 3 p.m. Sunday:
- Darlington County - 4,696 customers without power
- Robeson County - 1,538 customers without power
- Scotland County - 1,467 customers without power
- Marlboro County - 621 customers without power
- Florence County - 23 customers without power
- Dillon County - 11 customers without power
In a statement, Duke says more than 11,000 response workers from multiple states are coming in to help restore power as quickly as possible.
Pee Dee Electric Cooperative is also seeing 435 people without power in Darlington County as of 2 p.m. Sunday.
Stay with WMBF News for updates.
Copyright 2022 WMBF. All rights reserved.