Have you seen it? “South of the Border” roadside attraction under construction
DILLON, S.C. (WIS) - A popular roadside attraction along the North Carolina and South Carolina border is under construction as they remodel.
According to “South of the Border” General Manager Timmy Townsend, the I-95 attraction isn’t going anywhere but is undergoing renovations.
“A lot of people are wondering if South of the Border is closing down, the answer is no, we are still open for business,” said Townsend.
Townsend said they are making room for new projects and are remaining open for business while construction is happening.
What is going on?
- Part of the motel has been taken down
- “Pedro’s Ice Cream Fiesta” and “The T-Shirt Shop” have been torn down
- Construction on the elevator at the “Sombrero Tower & Arcade”
- Charging stations for electrical vehicles have been installed
- Expanding the attraction’s gas station
Townsend said they are still discussing what they will put in place of the ice cream and t-shirt shop.
“South of the Border is here to stay,” he said.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.