FIRST ALERT: A soggy and mild start to 2021

A soggy and mild start to 2021

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) - A wet and foggy start to 2021 is on the way for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee. A Dense Fog Advisory is in place for most of the Grand Strand and Pee Dee until 8 a.m., where visibility will likely be reduced.

Off and on scattered to widespread rain is possible throughout most of this morning as well and into the early afternoon hours. An 80% chance of rain is expected today as our wet and warm pattern continues. Temperatures will remain on the warm side as highs soar into the upper 60s for both the beaches and areas inland.

Future Radar
Future Radar (Source: WMBF)

A stalled front will keep rain chances on tap for a good portion of the weekend as well. Saturday will see a 60% chance of rain followed by a 40% chance as we head into Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon and evening continue to look drier as cooler air pushes in as the front finally moves off shore.

Weekend Weather
Weekend Weather (Source: WMBF)

Overall next week looks much more seasonable and a lot less active in terms of rain chances. We’ll start the week with sunshine and temperatures in the middle and upper 50s.

Copyright 2020 WMBF. All rights reserved.