Broadway at the Beach hotel evacuated after reports of carbon monoxide leak

Broadway at the Beach hotel evacuated after reports of carbon monoxide leak
A hotel at Broadway at the Beach has been evacuated after reports of a carbon monoxide leak. (Source: MBFD)

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A hotel at Broadway at the Beach was evacuated Tuesday morning after reports of a carbon monoxide leak, according to Lt. Jon Evans with the Myrtle Beach Fire Department.

Crews are currently on scene at the Hampton Inn, located at 1140 Celebrity Circle, and are working to ventilate the building.

Evans said there are no reports of injuries.

Officials are asking the public to avoid the area as firefighters work the scene.

Copyright 2019 WMBF. All rights reserved.