NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Starting Monday some of the North Myrtle Beach road paving projects are scheduled to begin meaning you may need to plan extra time for your commute to work.
The days for road work, weather permitting, is as follows:
- September 10 - A crew will begin milling 7th Avenue South in preparation for paving.
- September 11 - A crew will work on 2nd Avenue South doing edge milling on the Aquatic & Fitness side of Bay Street. This will impact parking spaces on the street.
- September 13-14 - Repaving of 7th Avenue South will occur. The work will include a good dose of leveling to help smooth the ride.
- September 27-28 – A milling crew will work evenings to do a complete millage of 2nd Avenue South between Highway 17 and Bay Street. This work includes the parking spaces in front of City Hall and the Public Safety building, including the asphalt apron leading to the concrete driveway at the Fire Station.
- September 29 - Paving of 2nd Avenue South between Highway 17 and Bay Street will begin during daylight hours. The work will start at Highway 17 and proceed west (toward the Waterway) so that the area nearest the church will not be impacted on Sunday, September 30. Daytime paving will continue and, hopefully, be completed on September 30.