HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Swimming advisories for six sections of beach along the Grand Strand have been lifted.
According to a press release from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, the areas no longer under an advisory are:
- 53rd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach
- 15th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach
- 23rd Avenue South in Myrtle Beach
- Nash Drive in Horry County
- Outfall in Myrtle Beach State Park in Horry County
- 16th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
The advisory continues for the affected areas listed below and includes 200 feet above and below:
- 16th Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
- 34th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach
- 11th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
- 3rd Avenue South in Surfside Beach
It is safe to wade, collect shells and fish within the swimming advisory areas, the release stated.