MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Since the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida on February 14, WMBF has heard from dozens of parents, students, educators and community members concerned about safety in our schools.
WMBF hosted a special town hall about school safety Thursday night at Beach Church in Myrtle Beach, located at 557 George Bishop Pkwy.
The following people took part in the town hall:
- Dr. Rick Maxey - Horry County Schools superintendent
- David Beaty - Horry County Schools coordinator for school safety and security
- Dr. Randall Dozier - Georgetown County Schools superintendent
- Chief Joseph Hill - Horry County Police Department
- Chief Amy Prock - Myrtle Beach Police Department
- Capt. Eric DiLorenzo - Myrtle Beach Police Department and former school resource officer
- Sheriff Phillip Thompson - Horry County Sheriff's Office
- Jimmy Richardson - 15th District Solicitor
- Mike Magill - school-based services supervisor with the Waccamaw Center for Mental Health
The entire town hall can be viewed above. Mobile app users, click the links below to watch the event: