HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – If you're looking for family-friendly Halloween events to attend this October, look no further. We've compiled a list below:
- Decorate Trick-or-Treating canvas bags at the Chapin Library on Saturday, October 14 from 11:00 to 12:00. Supplies are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Darlington Area Recreation Department and the Darlington Downtown Revitalization Association (DDRA) will offer children a downtown Trick-or-Treat experience from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, October 26, at the Public Square in Darlington. Employees of area businesses will be handing out treats to costumed children, and some will be dressed in costumes themselves.
- The 3rd Annual Spooktacular Halloween Bash at Thompson Farm in Conway will be on Friday, October 27 from 7:00 to 11:00 pm. For the regular cost of admission, you can enjoy a flashlight lit corn maze, kids drive in movie night, fire pit and inflatables. For more info click here.
- “Halloween Spooktacular” is being held at the Mary C. Canty Recreation Center on Saturday October 28. To attend, simply bring a donation of a non-perishable food item to support hurricane relief efforts (canned goods, fruit cups, crackers or monetary donation). Kids ages 12 and under are asked to attend from 5:00 to 6:00 pm, and kids 13 and older are asked to attend from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. For questions, call 843-918-1465.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach is hosting a Boo-Quarium and Spook- Quarium Sleepover event on Saturday, October 28. The event begins at 11:00 am. The costume contest and parade begins at 1:00 pm. For more information and pricing click here.
- Palmetto Pointe Church in Myrtle Beach is hosting a Trunk-or-Treat event on Sunday, October 29 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
- The CRG Home Harvest Festival and Pumpkin giveaway will be held Saturday, October 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans Ballpark. The event will feature live music from The Painted Man Band, local vendors, sweet treats from local chefs, inflatables, face painting, caricatures and more along with a FREE pumpkin patch. Activities & admission are FREE with a donation to the Heroes For Children of Horry County.
- North Myrtle Beach Parks & Recreation art programs, FUNtaztic ARTs, and Arty-O! StudiO! present this year’s Halloween themed art show on Friday, October 27 from 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. at the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road. Presented in the form of a haunted house, visitors will walk through spooky halls into the insane artists' studios and experience a guided "terror of art." Be advised that this is not for the faint-of-heart! Tickets ($5 per person) are on sale now for this one-night-only event and may be purchased from the artists themselves or during studio hours 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday at the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center.
This list will be updated throughout the month, check back here for more events!