PAWLEYS ISLAND, SC (WMBF) – Fire crews were on the scene of a house fire Friday morning in Pawleys Island.
According to Midway Fire Rescue Chief Doug Eggiman, firefighters received a call at 10:53 a.m. for a structure fire in the 100 block of Petigru Drive, behind the Publix market.
Eggiman said the fire was under control as of 11:30 a.m., although the road was still blocked off. He added there were no reports of injuries.
The fire was caused by an accidental kitchen fire, according to Chief Eggiman.