LAKE CITY, SC (WMBF) – Disaster-trained volunteers with the American Red Cross are assisting Lake City residents whose home was damaged by fire Thursday night.
According to a news release, South Lynches Fire Department responded to the blaze on South Morris Street.
The Red Cross is helping two adults by providing financial assistance for food, clothing and other essentials.
The Red Cross is celebrating 100 years of service in South Carolina during March, which is Red Cross Month.
Follow these steps to become a Red Cross community hero:
- Creating a household emergency preparedness plan
- Testing smoke alarms and reminding neighbors to do the same
- Give blood or a make a financial donation
- Become a Red Cross volunteer
- Learn lifesaving skills from Red Cross classes, like lifeguarding or CPR