Inmate dies after being found unresponsive in Scotland Co. cell - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Inmate dies after being found unresponsive in Scotland Co. cell

Source: Raycom Media Source: Raycom Media

SCOTLAND COUNTY, NC (WMBF) – A 22-year-old inmate at the Scotland County Detention Center was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in a cell on Sunday, January 1, according to an official with the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office.

There appeared to be no signs of foul play, as Walter Cason Wilson was inside an isolation cell when he was found, according to Captain Mitch Johnson. EMS was contacted, and Wilson was later pronounced dead.

The incident is still under investigation, and the sheriff’s office is awaiting information from the coroner’s office, Captain Johnson said.

Wilson came into the Scotland County Detention Center on Saturday, December 31, 2016 on charges of second-degree trespassing and failure to appear in reference to a charge of conspiracy to obtain property by false pretenses, Captain Johnson said.

Copyright 2017 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Under fire, Trump defends call to soldier's grieving family

    Under fire, Trump defends call to soldier's grieving family

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 4:10 AM EDT2017-10-18 08:10:59 GMT
    Thursday, October 19 2017 3:22 AM EDT2017-10-19 07:22:07 GMT
    Trump and the new politics of honoring families of the fallen.More >>
    Trump and the new politics of honoring families of the fallen.More >>
  • A painful pumpkin patch warning about ticks

    A painful pumpkin patch warning about ticks

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 12:27 PM EDT2017-10-18 16:27:31 GMT
    A California woman warning about ticks in the pumpkin patch. (Source: Facebook)A California woman warning about ticks in the pumpkin patch. (Source: Facebook)

    A woman has taken to Facebook with a painful warning for anyone heading to pumpkin patches this fall.  In the post Jennifer Velasquez says she contracted Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever after wearing flip-flops and shorts to a pumpkin patch.  Jennifer Velasquez

    More >>

    A woman has taken to Facebook with a painful warning for anyone heading to pumpkin patches this fall.  In the post Jennifer Velasquez says she contracted Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever after wearing flip-flops and shorts to a pumpkin patch.  Jennifer Velasquez

    More >>
Powered by Frankly