Is there anything better than hiding underneath your covers on a cold, winter morning? You spend one-third of your life in bed, so it's important to choose a mattress that fits you. Here are some tips that will help you find a comfortable place to rest your head.
1. Research online before going shopping. Everyone's idea of comfort is different, so get to know the various types of mattress to really understand what you want. Do you need high level of pressure point relief? Do you want heat dissipating technology? Do you want your mattress to be hypoallergenic? What price point?
2. Take it for a test drive. Kick your shoes off and try out the mattress for 10 to 20 minutes. Lie in different positions and get a good feel for what it is like. Couples should test it out together. (you're welcome fellas)
3. A Firm Mattress isn't always better for your back. There is a difference between firm support and firm feel. Comfort will be determined by you.
4. Pillow tops are not for everyone. Size matters. If you are a heavier person you may want the extra cushion between you and the coils or consider a premium memory foam mattress like the ones made by Mlily USA.
5. Check the warranty, research the materials it's made of and protect your investment. Get some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains could void the warranty. Look for the CertiPur-US tested and certified foams and Oeko Tex Standard 100 for the textile.