CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Gov. Nikki Haley will be in Conway on Friday for a Team South Carolina relief event in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.
According to a press release from the governor's office, the event will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the City of Conway Recreation Center at 1515 Mill Pond Road.
The event will offer those impacted by the flooding in the Waccamaw River area following Matthew information on resources available to families and businesses to assist in recovery.
According to the release, residents who attend the Team South Carolina Waccamaw River Day event can:
- Register for financial assistance from FEMA
- Apply for disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Learn more about repairing and flood proofing their home from FEMA
- Get information about assistance for farmers with crop losses or damage from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency
- Apply for unemployment benefits from the S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce
- Apply for food and financial assistance from the S.C. Department of Social Services
- Get information about mental health and other healthcare services from the S.C. Department of Mental Health and the S.C. Department of Health and Human Services
- Get help with insurance claims from the S.C. Department of Insurance
- Receive a free kit to test well water from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Receive a free tetanus shot from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control