HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Socastee Community Assistance Day and a Residential Resource Forum will be held for Horry County residents impacted by Hurricane Matthew on Thursday, October 27 from noon to 7:00 p.m. at Socastee's Baptist Church Fellowship Hall located at 3690 Socastee Blvd in Myrtle Beach, according to a press release from South Carolina House of Representatives.
This event will help community members have access to all the disaster relief resources they need, the press release states.
Government agencies and organizations from around the community will be at the Fellowship Hall to assist those impacted by recent weather events.
The following participants will be at the forum:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Small Business Administration
- United States Senator Lindsey Graham's Office
- SC Department of Insurance
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce
- SC Department of Social Services
- The Salvation Army
- The American Red Cross
- Your Sister's Closet
- Help4Kids / Backpack Buddies of Horry County