There are few things more deflating than walking out to find one of your tires airless, right smack dab in the middle of a summer day in Myrtle Beach. Changing a tire can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before. The thing is, there’s no telling when it’ll be your unlucky day. It’ll blindside you and that’s why you need to be ready and knowledgeable so that when the day does come, and it will- you’ll be ready. For that reason, we sat down with the experts at C&G Auto, to walk us through the process.
1. Find a safe spot to pull over.
2. Turn on hazard lights.
3. Locate & remove jack & lug wrench (some newer models are supplied with inflation canister in lieu of spare) Consult owners manual if unsure where spare is located.
4. Loosen lug nuts with wrench-you may need to remove wheel cover
5. Use jack to lift vehicle off ground
6. Remove lug nuts, remove flat & replace with spare.
7. Replace lug nuts (careful not to over tighten)
8. Lower car until tire contacts ground
9. Tighten lug nuts securely
10. Lower car until jack can be removed & return tools & flat to trunk
While on paper, it may seem a bit intimidating, I assure you, if you follow the steps above, you can safely, quickly, and CORRECTLY get your tire changed and you’ll be on your way. For expert service and unmatched attention to detail, head over to C&G Auto today.