HARTSVILLE, SC (WMBF) – The Piratesville Splash Pad will open one last time for the season for dogs and their pet owners on September 18 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Byerly Park.
The City of Hartsville Parks and Recreation Department will host the Dog Days of Summer as a fundraiser for the upcoming Hartsville Dog Park, according to the City of Hartsville press release.
The fundraiser event will give dogs the chance to run around and cool off in the fountains, geysers, and dumping buckets, the press release states.
Admission for the event is $10 per family.
According to the release, concessions will be available for pet owners and drinking water will be available to dogs throughout the day.
Before entering the event, owners will be required to fill out a waiver.
The event is open to the public.
Other requirements for the event include:
- All four-legged friends must be up to date on their vaccinations to enter the event
- Female dogs in heat and puppies under the age of six months old will not be allowed to enter
- All pet handlers must be 18 years or older, or accompanied by an adult
- Handlers are limited to no more than two dogs
- Upon arrival, dogs must remain on their leash until they enter the event
- Owners are also encouraged to not trim their dog’s nails prior to the event as the dogs will be on concrete and it could wear on their nails quickly