Man accused of leaving woman unconscious, naked for several hours

Man accused of leaving woman unconscious, naked for several hours

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – A North Myrtle Beach man was arrested late Tuesday night on allegations he left his girlfriend unconscious for several hours while naked and lying in a pile of her own fecal matter.

According to records from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center, Clyde Woodrow Teague, 61, was charged with abuse of neglect of a vulnerable adult with great bodily injury. He was released from jail Wednesday morning under a $15,000 bond.

An incident report from the North Myrtle Beach Department of Public Safety stated the suspect initially called paramedics on Aug. 18. According to his account, he noticed she was acting "lethargic" when he got off of work that morning.

The suspect told police she was laying on the couch naked, in her own fecal matter, while unconscious, the report stated. He reportedly tried to shake her but she would not move or respond.

"He then went to bed and left her on the couch," the report stated.

When the suspect woke up later that day, he reportedly found the woman still in the same position on the couch. She was still unresponsive to his attempts to wake her. He then allegedly went back to sleep and left her there, according to the report.

The suspect told police when he woke up the second time, she had moved from the couch to the kitchen floor and was still naked. He reported that her breathing was labored and it was not normal for her to act in that manner.

"He told police that at that time he told himself if she was not responsive by the time he got back from getting his dinner at Mexico Lindo that he would call medics," the report stated.

The suspect told police his girlfriend was an alcoholic and that she drank all the time, which he is why he said he was not concerned with her actions.

According to the report, police did not see any alcoholic beverage containers in the home at all.

The woman was admitted to Sea Coast Hospital for diabetic shock, the report stated. Hospital staff told police a toxicology report stated there was no alcohol or drugs in her system. She was also reportedly found with severe bruising all over her body.

Copyright 2016 WMBF News. All rights reserved.