MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – A series of childbirth education classes are being offered to parents and siblings at Grand Strand Medical Center and HealthFinders from September 10 to September 24, according to a press release from Grand Strand Health.
Parents are suggested to take these classes eight weeks prior to the baby's due date.
Schedule for childbirth education classes at Grand Strand Medical Center:
- September 10 (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) - Prepared Childbirth course. The fee for this course is $50.
- September 18 (2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.) - Sibling Preparation class. This class is free.
- September 18 (3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) – Maternity Center Tour. The tour is free.
Schedule for childbirth education classes at HealthFinders at Coastal Grand Mall:
- September 17 (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) – Infant Care. This class is free.
- September 17 (1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.) – Breastfeeding. This class is free.
- September 24 (10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) – Infant/Child CPR and First Aid. The fee is $15 per person.