CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Less than a week after winning the College World Series, members of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers baseball team are already looking ahead to their future.
According to a Facebook post from Ann Young, mother of G.K. Young, her son flew out Wednesday to begin his professional baseball career.
Young was drafted in the 31st round in last month's draft by the San Diego Padres, according to information on Coastal Carolina University's sports website.
He will report to Arizona for a physical and then play for the minor league Tri-City Dust Devils in Pasco, Wash., according to Ann Young.
Young was not the only Chanticleer to find themselves drafted.
According to information from CCU's website, the following players were also 2016 draft picks:
- Michael Paez was picked by the New York Mets in the fourth round.
- Zack Remillard was picked by the Chicago White Sox in the 10th round.
- Mike Morrison was picked by the Chicago White Sox in the 27th round.
- Alex Cunningham was picked by the Detroit Tigers in the 28th round.
- G.K. Young was picked by the San Diego Padres in the 31st round.
- Connor Owings was picked by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 34th round.