Heating pad causes fire in South Florence area Monday - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Heating pad causes fire in South Florence area Monday

(Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue) (Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue)
(Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue) (Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue)
(Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue) (Source: Howe Springs Fire Rescue)

FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The Howe Springs Fire Rescue responded to a house fire on Lakeview Drive in the South Florence area on Monday at 3:48 p.m.

Upon arrival, crews said that the smoke and flames were visible. The fire was quickly extinguished and the residents escaped without injury.

According to the Howe Springs Fire Rescue, the fire was only in one bedroom and started on the bed from a heating pad that was left on.

Two engines, two tankers, one service truck, and 24 firefighters were on the scene. FCEMS and FCSO also responded to the incident, states the press release.

Copyright 2016 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly