MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Fourteen Grand Strand students were recipients of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce's inaugural scholarship award.
According to a press release, each student received a $1,000 scholarship that will be used to assist in the pursuit of higher education.
The winners were chosen based on: academic performance; involvement in extracurricular school activities; involvement in charitable and/or community activities; positive leadership, character and citizenship; and a demonstrated work ethic, the release stated.
"As the voice of local business and the regional promoter for the entire Myrtle Beach area, our MBACC scholarship program was designed to recognize the diversity of talent and commitment at all 14 high schools throughout the entire Grand Strand," said Brad Dean, president and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. "We applaud these bright young minds for their dedication to academics as well as their contributions to our community."
The 2016 MBACC scholarship winners are:
- Academy for Technology and Academics – Chelsea Roberts
- Academy for the Arts, Science and Technology – Jordan Hoerner
- Aynor High School – Nicholas Feaser
- Carolina Forest High School – Jessica McKee
- Conway High School – Lance Schofield
- Early College High School – Emily Cocchiola
- Green Sea Floyds High School – Kailey Bullock
- HCS Scholars Academy – Curtis Leonard
- Loris High School – Mayson Cox
- Myrtle Beach High School – Carly Sincavitch
- North Myrtle Beach High School – Mara Hartsell
- St. James High School – Michael Larkin
- Socastee High School – Samantha Binder
- Waccamaw High School – Madelyn Middleton