Cell phone charger causes fire in Myrtle Beach - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Cell phone charger causes fire in Myrtle Beach

(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - The Myrtle Beach Fire Department responded to a structure fire approximately 3 a.m. Saturday at the South end of the city.

Upon arriving, crews said the fire was extinguished by the residents quick response and actions.

MBFD said the cause of the fire was from a cell phone charger plugged into an extension cord.

The fire department wants to remind residents how dangerous this can be.

Copyright 2016 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly