CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Coast RTA will hold a series of public meetings throughout its service area, in Horry and Georgetown Counties, to discuss proposed route service modifications. The proposed changes include realignments of Routes 10, 15 North, 15 South, 16, and extension of service until 8:00 p.m. daily.
"The proposed route realignment and modifications enable us to continue to provide effective service and will be followed by other improvements to the bus system including the implementation of designated stops, system-wide, with signs and the phasing out of flag stops and the introduction of smart phone-based public information program with real-time service updates. We understand this will be an education process, but both designated stops and passenger information programs will also increase our efficiency and make Coast RTA easier to use," said Coast RTA General Manager, Brian Piascik.
Coast RTA hopes to gain input from the public on the proposed service modifications, which they plan to implement on April 1. The public will also be asked to weigh in on future expansion of service and other planned improvements.
"The intent of these service changes is to improve the reliability, consistency and accessibility of the Coast RTA bus system," said Piascik.
Below is the Coast RTA public meeting schedule. Coast RTA invites the general public to attend either of the following meetings.
- January 25 - at the Family Justice Center - 1530 Highmarket Street in Georgetown at 4:00 p.m.
- February 2 - at Andrews Public Library - 105 N Morgan Street in Andrews at 4:30 p.m.
- February 4 – at Carvers Bay Public Library - 13048 Choppee Rd in Choppee at 5:30 p.m.
- February 10 - Coast RTA Board Room - 1418 Third Avenue in Conway at 12:00 p.m.
- February 22 (Tentative) - First Floor Conference Room, City Hall - 937 Broadway Street in Myrtle Beach (across from the Ivory Wilson Transfer Station) at 2:00 p.m.
- February 24 (Tentative) - First Floor Conference Room, City Hall - 937 Broadway Street in Myrtle Beach (across from the Ivory Wilson Transfer Station) at 10:30 a.m.
Additional meetings may be scheduled through February 29 and will be posted via social media outlets and public/passenger notices.
For those who are unable to attend one of the meetings, but would still like to provide feedback may submit written comments to Coast RTA-Waccamaw Regional Transportation Authority, Attention: General Manager Brian Piascik, 1418 Third Avenue, Conway, South Carolina, 29526. All written submissions must be received by March 1.
For more information you are asked to call Coast RTA Customer Service at 843-488-0865 during normal business hours.