HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County firefighters responded to a house fire near Loris Thursday morning, according to Lt. Brian Van Aernem with Horry County Fire Rescue.
The house was well-involved on fire when the first units arrived at the home on Cane Branch Road south of Loris, Lt. Van Aernem said. There were no injuries, and the residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
There were several dogs in the house, and while some were pulled out and revived, others did not survive, Lt. Van Aernem said.
Lt. Van Aernem said the cause of the fire was electrical wiring.