Coroner identifies two men found dead from carbon monoxide poiso - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Breaking

Coroner identifies two men found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

LAKE CITY, SC (WMBF) - Two men were found dead inside a Lake City home on Franklin Street just after 3 p.m. Monday, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.

Lutcken said one of the victim's sister found them dead Monday and the pair were roommates at the residence.

The Florence County Coroner identified the deceased as 62-year-old Jimmy Lee Burgess, and 56-year-old William James Hickson.

According to von Lutcken, both died as a result of heating the home with a small space heater, powered by a gas generator inside the residence, resulting in carbon monoxide poisoning.

Further investigation revealed the deaths occurred Sunday night. 

Copyright 2016 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly