MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - More than 67 million Americans suffer from allergies everyday. It's good to have a seasonal allergy checklist if you suffer from allergies. WebMd listed nine ways to relieve season allergies wherever you go.
- Leave your shoes at the door. Taking off your shoes reduces the amount of pollen you track into the house.
- Wash your hair before bed. Pollen collected on your hair from the day won't rub on your pillow.
- Close up the house. Opening the windows will allow pollen to enter the house
- Use the ''recirculate" option in the car. Recirculate the air in your car instead of using the vent, which may let in pollen.
- Service the filters in your furnace and air conditioner.Change them at the intervals recommended by the manufacturer, or more frequently if it seems to help.
- Adjust your indoor humidity level. Consider buying a digital thermometer. Aim for a humidity level of less than 60%.
- Check the pollen count and plan your day accordingly. If the predicted pollen count is high, try to plan your schedule accordingly. Delay errands and exercise, if possible, until later in the day, when pollen counts are typically lower.
- Control your immediate environment. If you can get someone else to mow the lawn or hire to cut, do so. It stirs up pollen.
- Dry your clothes in a clothes dryer, not on an outdoor line. Pollen can collect easily on clothing or bed linens left outside.