GEORGETOWN, SC (WMBF) - The City of Georgetown battled a fire Tuesday morning on Duke Street at an apartment complex formally known as the Yum Yum Club, according to Captain Nelson E. Brown.
Brown confirmed the call came in at 4:00 a.m. and heavy flames were showing upon arrival.
Brown said three people were inside the residence at the time of the fire and had to be evacuated by Fire and Police. Those three were transported to the hospital for treatment. The police department advised Midway Fire Rescue, one of the agencies that responded to assist, that people were jumping from the second floor window.
Brown said everyone made it out alive, however the complex does appear to be a total loss.
According to the Red Cross, volunteers are helping nine people due to the fire.