FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - Howe Springs Fire Rescue and Pamplico Rescue responded to a reported house fire Wednesday on Old River Road in the Claussen community, according to Fire Chief William Dillon.
Crews arrived to the scene and found visible smoke and fire located in the kitchen of the residence. The fire was extinguished quickly and damage was contained; 21 firefighters were on the scene from HSFR along with six apparatus.
Dillon said the fire appeared to have started from a pot on the stove.
No injuries were reported.