SCOTLAND, NC (WMBF) - The Scotland County Sheriff's Office arrested 21 people in an undercover drug operation called, "I Won't Be Home For Christmas," according to Scotland County Sheriff Ralph Kersey.
Kersey said deputies started rounding up the suspects just after 5 a.m. Monday on various drug charges and outstanding warrants.
Kersey said the arrests should put a dent in illegal drug activities in Scotland County, as well as send a message to those who chose to sell and possess drugs.
"If you're doing illegal activity in Scotland County, you will be arrested and incarcerated into the Scotland County Detention Center. We're gonna make it a better and safer place to live here in Scotland County."
"I promise back during the election process that if I was blessed enough to become the sheriff that we would have a proactive approach to crime. This has been. We worked hard for the last several months undercover making purchases," Kersey said.
Kersey said deputies will continue to round up more suspects this week as they're looking to arrest about 15 additional people.
According to the Scotland County Sheriff's Office, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations and the Richmond County Sheriff's Office assisted in this investigation.
Below is a list of those arrested:
- Roy Cole of Kale St. Wagram N.C.Charge: Trafficking Opium or Heroin
- Adam Mishue of Hillcreek Rd Laurel Hill, N.C. Charge: Felony Larceny, Larceny of Motor Vehicle Break or entering
- Richard Dimery of Old Maxton Road Maxton, N.C. Charges: Possession with intent to distribute Cocaine, Consp-sell deliver.
- Melvin Oliver of Raleigh St. Laurinburg N.C. Charge: Cocaine, Consp sell deliver.
- Ronnie Sloan of Freedom Street Laurel Hill N.C. Charge: Possession of firearm by felon, possession with intent to sell cocaine, injury to real property.
- Joseph Lewis of Hillcreek Road. Charges: Possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
- Lisa Reeves of Laurinburg, N.C. Charge: Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Herbert Mclean of Aubrey Dr. Gibson N.C. Charge: Possession of substance.
- Stephen Jenkins of Airbase Rd. Laurinburg N.C. Charge: Possession of firearm by felon.
- Sammie Mitchell of Lumberton N.C. Charge: Possession of substance
- Anthony Pate of Old Wire Road Laurel Hill N.C. Charge: Possession of controlled substance
- Megan Locklear of Bridges Rd. Rowland, NC. Charge: Misdemeanor LA
- Jasmine Griffith of Atkinson St. Laurinburg N.C. Charge: Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Jeremiah Finney of Pate St. Laurel Hill N.C. Charge: Possession of substance.
- Keydron Quick of Peeles Chapel Road Laurel Hill N.C. Charge: Possession of substance.
- Jerome Cole of Lumbee Street Wagram, N.C. Charge: Simple substance possession
- Corey Berry of Stewartsville Rd Laurinburg. Charges: Possession of stolen firearm, possession of substance, drug paraphiernalia.
- Christina Cooper of Old Maxton Road Laurinburg N.C. Charge: Consp. to sell and deliver.
- Dave McPherson of Old Maxton Road Maxton, N.C. Charge: Consp to sell and deliver, possession of substance.
- Teresa Carlisle of Leisure Road Laurinburg N.C. Charge: Misdemeanor larceny, possession of drug parapharelnlia.
- Justin Goins of Old Stage. Rd. Gibson N.C. Charge: Possession of cocaine, conspiracy to sell or deliver.