HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County Fire Rescue posted a video tribute to the members of the public safety community in Horry and Georgetown counties that lost their lives this year.
- Furman “Mitch” Hanna, 31, of Aynor, an Horry County Fire Rescue firefighter and EMT, died after a motorcycle accident on Enoch Road in January. Click here to read more on WMBFNews.com.
- George Moore, 61, an Horry County Fire Rescue Warehouse/Tradesworker died from a sudden illness in March, according to his obituary.
- Mike Kunde, 34, a Georgetown County Fire Rescue firefighter and paramedic, died in a motorcycle accident during Bike Week in May. He was put on a ventilator and into a medically induced coma for 13 days until he passed away. Click here to read more on WMBFNews.com
- Jennifer Hanna, 37, a North Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue firefighter and EMT, died in a motorcycle accident in October, riding the same motorcycle that claimed the life of her husband, Mitch Hanna. Click here to read more on WMBFNews.com
- Heather Swarthout, 38, a sergeant with the North Myrtle Beach Police Department, died in her sleep following a surgery to remove a blood clot near the brain. Click here to read more on WMBFNews.com
- Timothy “Tim” Nugent, 68, an Horry County Fire Rescue volunteer firefighter driver/operator, died on December 14. Click here to read more on WMBFNews.com