Little River Disaster Recover Center to close next week, help still available

Little River Disaster Recover Center to close next week, help still available

Below is a news release from FEMA:

Help Remains Available After Disaster Recovery Centers Close in Little River, Summerville and Walterboro                            

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Three disaster recovery centers will close Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 6 p.m.:

North Strand Park and Recreation Center at 120 Highway 57 South in Little River

Seacoast Church at 301 E. 5th North St. in Summerville

Colleton County Recreation Center at 280 Recreation Lane in Walterboro

Applicants in Little River, Summerville and Walterboro may still visit other recovery centers to ask disaster assistance questions. They can locate their closest center by visiting

Representatives from the South Carolina Emergency Management Division, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies are at centers to answer questions about disaster assistance and low-interest loans.

Many services available at disaster recovery centers are also available by calling the FEMA helpline. Applicants can get help by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585; those who use 711/VRS can call 800-621-3362. Lines are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.

For the latest information on South Carolina flood recovery operations, visit and

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status, or retaliation. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585(TTY/TDD).

FEMA's temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.