Conway man faces attempted murder charge after striking man in f - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Conway man faces attempted murder charge after striking man in face with bush axe

James Joe Hemingway Source: J. Reuben Long Detention Center website James Joe Hemingway Source: J. Reuben Long Detention Center website

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – A Conway man was arrested for attempted murder after allegedly striking a man in the face with a bush axe following a verbal fight around 7:30 a.m. on November 4 in Horry County.

James Joe Hemingway, age 46, is charged with attempted murder, according to the J. Reuben Long Detention Center website.

A police report from the Horry County Police Department states when officers responded to the incident in reference to a fight, they found the victim’s nose cut open from between his eyes to the tip of his nose. Dispatch told the officers that a male (Hemingway) picked up the phone and said he was going to kill the victim.

The victim told police Hemingway had been trying to start a fight with him all morning. Hemingway admitted to police he struck the man in the face because the man tried to attack him. Hemingway stated the man tried to open his door so he swung the axe at the man’s face.

The victim said he retreated outside after Hemingway struck him in the face in the hallway.

The victim was transported to Conway Medical Center by Horry County Fire Rescue crews and Hemingway to the Horry County Detention Center.

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly