Fire sparked in bathroom of home on Hawthorne Lane - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Fire sparked in bathroom of home on Hawthorne Lane

Source: Jonathan Dick Source: Jonathan Dick

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – It appears that an unattended curling iron sparked a fire in a bathroom at a home on Hawthorne Lane in Myrtle Beach Tuesday morning, according to Myrtle Beach Fire Department officials.

Three fire trucks responded to the 6300 block of Hawthorne Lane, near Kings Highway and 63rd Avenue North, at about 7:20 a.m., according to Battalion Chief Bruce Arnel. He said it appeared that an unattended curling iron started a fire that was contained to the bathroom.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries, and it appears that the residents will be able to stay in the home, Chief Arnel said.

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly