DARLINGTON, S.C. - Darlington Middle School will host the Pee Dee area qualifier for the 2016 South Carolina first Lego league state championships.
Students from five public school districts and one private school who are passionate about science and engineering will participate in the competition.
Darlington Middle has been selected for the first time to host the Pee Dee area qualifier for the 2016 South Carolina first Lego league state championships.
Two other Darlington County School District schools will send teams to the competition: The Darlington County Institute of Technology and Spaulding Middle School.
Saturday's competition will begin at 8 a.m. and continue until 3:30 p.m. at Darlington Middle School.
The Pee Dee Area Qualifier will be one of 15 qualifying competitions held statewide during December and January.
The East State Championship will be held Feb. 13 at Carolina Forest High School, and the West State Championship will be held at Easley High School on Feb. 6.
The teams that will compete at the Pee Dee area qualifier on Saturday include:
- Darlington Middle (The Ninja-neers)
- Spaulding Middle (Spaulding Tigers)
- Darlington County Institute of Technology (Technivators)
- Williams Middle (Williams Middle School)
- Henry L. Sneed Middle (Sneed)
- Delmae Elementary (Delma Robo Recyclers)
- North Vista Elementary (Tigerbots)
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School (TBCS Team 1 and TBCS Team 2)
- Aynor Middle (Aynor Blue Bots)
- Alice Drive Middle (STEMBOTICS)
- Heath Springs Elementary (Robo-Hornets)
- A.R. Rucker Elementary (A.R. Rucker Middle School)