Florence Firefighters respond to stove fire Saturday - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Florence Firefighters respond to stove fire Saturday

(Source: AP Images) (Source: AP Images)

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - The Florence Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 2802 Kinloch Ct. at 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

Firefighters arrived to the two story apartment building and found that the fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system. The resident in the affected apartment as well as the rest of the residents in the building were alerted by the buildings fire alarm system.

According to Fire Marshal Ken Carr, there was no reports of injuries. There was no fire damage and very little smoke damage to the apartment.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking. The Florence Fire Department is reminding residents to never leave a stove unattended when cooking.

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly