MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – A 30-year-old man was arrested Monday and charged in connection with the shooting at Farlo's Burrito Bar in Myrtle Beach last month that left one victim with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Verntirell Jerwon Dukes was arrested Monday and charged with attempted murder, pointing and presenting firearms at a person, possession of firearm or ammo by a convicted felon, and possession of a weapon during a violent crime. Online information from Myrtle Beach Police links Dukes to the incident report for the shooting at Farlo's on October 8.
Dukes's bond was set at $200,000 total, $50,000 for each charge, at a bond hearing at the Myrtle Beach Municipal Court Friday.
An argument at Farlo's Burrito Bar early that Thursday morning turned violent when shots were fired, and one person was hit with a bullet, according to the Myrtle Beach Police.
Police said two people were in a verbal argument at the restaurant on Main Street in downtown Myrtle Beach. At some point during the argument, shots were fired and everyone fled the scene.
The victim showed up to the hospital to a gunshot wound believed to be in the calf. Police said hospital staff were working on that victim soon after. His condition is not known at this time, police said.
As of Friday morning, Dukes remained incarcerated at the Myrtle Beach Jail, and bond had not been set.