STARTEK, Inc. to bring 300 temporary jobs to Myrtle Beach - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Breaking

STARTEK, Inc. to bring 300 temporary jobs to Myrtle Beach

Source: Raycom Media Source: Raycom Media

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – STARTEK, Inc. announced Wednesday it is immediately hiring 300 temporary employees at its contact center in Myrtle Beach.

“At STARTEK, we value employees who are passionate about providing a great customer experience while promoting and protecting our client’s brand,” said Chris Black, site director for the STARTEK contact center in Myrtle Beach. 

According to a news release from STARTEK, Inc., interested candidates may apply in person and receive an on-the-spot interview at STARTEK’s engagement center located at 310 Hinson Drive.

Applications will also be accepted on the company’s website at www.startek.com/careers.

“In return, we offer competitive pay starting at $10 per hour, an exciting culture and the opportunity to learn invaluable skills that can be used throughout one’s career,” Black said. 

Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screening. 

STARTEK is a provider of business process outsourcing services that delivers comprehensive contact center and customer engagement solutions, the release states. The newly hired customer service representatives will offer inbound customer care on behalf of a global information services client.

STARTEK opened in Myrtle Beach in October 2014, with 30 full-time employees, since then Black says the company has seen tremendous growth.

"Actually within the first eight months we've hired about 350 that's a good baseline for us, about 350 employees and that's where we are now so the 300 temporary employees would be an addition to that," he explained.

 According to STARTEK officials the company has an agreement with the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation for $750,000 in economic incentives. 

Under the terms of the agreement, the first half of that payment, which is $350,000 would be paid to STARTEK no sooner than November 20, 2014, provided that the company employed 200 or more individuals at that time.  Another $350,000 would be paid to STARTEK when at least 400 individuals are employed.  The company stated at this time, they have not taken advantage of this incentive.

STARTEK was also approved to receive a Rural Infrastructure Fund Grant Award for $400,000 from Horry County provided that the company maintain a capital investment of $10 million for land and building construction by December 5, 2015.  At this time, that process has not been completed to receive this grant award.   

Black said so far they have been pleased with the growth the company has seen, and the plan to continue to provide more good paying jobs for the area." It has exceeded our expectations in Horry County we look forward to continuing that growth. I think from a county perspective it has really brought opportunity to the area for a lot of folks that want to get away from a seasonal job, and would like something they can become more engaged and learn some skills," said Black. 
 

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • Power outages, traffic light defects reported from overnight storms

    Power outages, traffic light defects reported from overnight storms

    Thursday, August 24 2017 1:50 AM EDT2017-08-24 05:50:39 GMT

    Strong storms moving through the Grand Strand and Pee Dee are causing a number of power outages, along with issues on the roads. As of 1:30 a.m. Thursday, 3,273 Duke Energy Progress customers are without power in both North and South Carolina. In our viewing area, Marion County is experiencing the greatest number of outages with 1,094 people without power.

    More >>

    Strong storms moving through the Grand Strand and Pee Dee are causing a number of power outages, along with issues on the roads. As of 1:30 a.m. Thursday, 3,273 Duke Energy Progress customers are without power in both North and South Carolina. In our viewing area, Marion County is experiencing the greatest number of outages with 1,094 people without power.

    More >>
  • Solicitor: Suspect in deadly Conway bank robbery to face two counts of murder, other charges

    Solicitor: Suspect in deadly Conway bank robbery to face two counts of murder, other charges

    Wednesday, August 23 2017 11:36 PM EDT2017-08-24 03:36:44 GMT
    Front: Brandon Council (Source: Conway Police), Background: The scene in Greenville, NC where Council was apprehended. (Source: WITN reporter Lynnette Taylor's Facebook Live)Front: Brandon Council (Source: Conway Police), Background: The scene in Greenville, NC where Council was apprehended. (Source: WITN reporter Lynnette Taylor's Facebook Live)

    The person of interest in the double-murder and bank robbery in Conway on Monday is in custody. Brandon MIchael Council was arrested in Greenville, North Carolina Wednesday, along with two other people, authorities there confirmed.  Brandon Michael Council was wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of two CresCom bank employees during a bank robbery at the CresCom Bank in Conway on Monday afternoon.

    More >>

    The person of interest in the double-murder and bank robbery in Conway on Monday is in custody. Brandon MIchael Council was arrested in Greenville, North Carolina Wednesday, along with two other people, authorities there confirmed.  Brandon Michael Council was wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of two CresCom bank employees during a bank robbery at the CresCom Bank in Conway on Monday afternoon.

    More >>
  • No one injured in Little River area condo fire caused by lightning strike

    No one injured in Little River area condo fire caused by lightning strike

    Wednesday, August 23 2017 11:35 PM EDT2017-08-24 03:35:32 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    According to a tweet from Horry County Fire Rescue that was posted shortly after 11 p.m., units responded to the 100 block of Greenside Villas Drive for the third-floor condo fire.

    More >>

    According to a tweet from Horry County Fire Rescue that was posted shortly after 11 p.m., units responded to the 100 block of Greenside Villas Drive for the third-floor condo fire.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly