Elevator equipment overheats, causes smoke at HGTC off Highway 5 - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Elevator equipment overheats, causes smoke at HGTC off Highway 501

Source: SCDOT camera Source: SCDOT camera

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Crews are working to clear the scene at Horry Georgetown Technical College on Highway 501 after elevator equipment malfunctioned and overheated causing smoke, according to the Conway Fire Department.

Assistant Chief Jeremy Carter says everyone is alright, there is no damage and there was not an actual fire.

He says it was more of a scare than anything else.

Stay tuned to WMBF News to bring you more on this story as it becomes available.

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly