CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – The City of Conway, in association with the American Red Cross, will open a warming shelter at the old Fire Station #1, located at 307 Wright Boulevard, according to a news release issued by the Conway Police Department.
The shelter is scheduled to open at 6 p.m. Thursday and remain open until Saturday, Feb. 21 at 10 a.m.
According to the American Red Cross:
Do NOT expect:
· Comfort, peace and quiet; your own room; or a cot or bedding.
· Crowded, noisy conditions, possibly without electricity.
· A floor to sleep on.
· A roof over your head.
· Basic, simple food served only at scheduled meal times.
If you must come to a shelter, the Red Cross asks that you bring the following with you:
· A patient and cooperative attitude.
· Two blankets and a pillow for each person, along with lawn chairs or cots.
· Prescription medication.
· 3 gallons of water for each person.
· Special dietary needs, as well as favorite non-perishable snacks.
· Flashlights and batteries.
· Important papers.
· Personal hygiene items – soap, towel, toothbrush, etc.
· Small toys and games – try for quiet things.
· Baby supplies – diapers, bottles, formula, etc.
DO NOT BRING:
· A negative or demanding attitude.
· Alcoholic drinks.
· Illegal drugs.
· Smoking is NOT permitted in the shelters
Law Enforcement Officers will enforce Shelter rules! Your cooperation will be appreciated.