Family displaced by fire in Myrtle Beach; firefighter washes bot - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Family displaced by fire in Myrtle Beach; firefighter washes bottles for family

(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
(Source: MBFD) (Source: MBFD)
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - A family has been displaced after a stove caught fire in Myrtle Beach on Wednesday. No one was hurt.

The Myrtle Beach Fire Department responded to Brenda Place at around 4 p.m. 

Fire crews handled salvage, overhaul and smoke removal, according to the department.

The American Red Cross has stepped in to help the family until the home is repaired.

After the fire was extinguished, a firefighter took it upon himself to clean toddler bottles for the occupants. The department praised the firefighter by saying he "showed the true meaning of 'First in Service.'" 

Copyright 2015 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly