MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – The Myrtle Beach Fire Department responded to a residential fire on Monday, in the 1000 block of Pinner Place at around 10:19 a.m.
According to Lt. Christian Sliker with MBFD, the fire started in the fire place and went through the chimney and attic. Sliker said they got the blaze under control at 10:41 a.m.
Everyone made it out of the residence safely. Eight dogs and five people live in the house. Four of the occupants were home. The occupants are being relocated for the evening.
Sliker said there will be no investigation because it was a chimney fire.
Sliker suggests that fire places are cleaned and inspected at least once a year by a professional.