HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Two fire departments responded to an apartment when a dryer caught fire Thursday. No one was hurt.
The Conway Fire Department responded to assist the Horry County Fire Rescue at the apartment on Carolina Road, Chief Jeremy Carter confirmed.
The fire caused minor smoke damage to the apartment; it destroyed the dryer, said HCFR Chief Justin Gibbins.
It took about 10 minutes to put out the fire.
The people that live there will be allowed back into their home.
The fire was either caused by a dryer malfunction or the dryer was overloaded when used.