Mullins, South Carolina (News Release) —In an effort to provide pertinent, accurate, and up to date information to the public and rescue organizations regarding the status of the Marion County Animal Shelter, both Paws to the Rescue (PttR) and the County of Marion have issued this following statement.
· All animals currently housed at the Marion County Animal Shelter belong to PttR. The County has authorized the adoption, rescue, transport, and relocation of the animals by PttR.
· Any animals that are not removed from the property by 11:59 PM on Sunday, January 25, 2015, will be considered relinquished by PttR and will be deemed property of the County at that time.
· PttR staff has agreed to be on site through Sunday to help care for the animals and to train new County volunteers and staff.
· Only PttR has the authority to approve adoptions and rescues, and to schedule transport of the animals under their care. There is no other animal rescue group, person, or persons who have the legal authority to adopt out, arrange rescue for, or transport any of the PttR animals.
· Since the shelter is closed to the public, PttR is not in an efficient position to facilitate direct adoptions. However, members of the public who have previously visited an animal and would like to now commit to that animal, can email email@example.com. Adoption fees for both dogs and cats have been reduced.
· Any rescue organizations willing and able to partner with PttR to pull animals should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pull fees for both dogs and cats have been reduced.