A chef from Collector's Cafe shared the recipe from one of many Thanksgiving-inspired dishes in a cooking segment on WMBF News. We wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Flan
Yield: 12 individual flans
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup Water
2 cups Sweet Potato Puree
2 ½ cups Heavy Cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In sauce pan dissolve sugar into water and bring to a boil. Stirring for 5 minutes until amber in color. Coat the bottom of the ramekins with a thin layer of caramel and let cool. DO NOT TOUCH OR TTASTETHE HOT CARAMEL!
3. In a mixing bowl combined sweet potatoes, cream, eggs and seasonings and mix well.
4. Ladle batter into prepared ramekins until 2/3 way full.
5. Place flans in roasting pan. Fill the pan with hot water until the ramekins are covered ½ way up the sides.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 until set.
7. Remove from oven let cool to room temperature. Wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.