MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day, a nationwide effort to register voters before the upcoming election November 4, according to the SC State Election Commission.
The theme is "Celebrating Democracy in America", and all residents are encouraged to exercise one of the most basic rights as an American, the right to vote.
The South Carolina State Election Commission encourages all South Carolinians to exercise that right on November 4, and the first step is registering to cast a vote.
Residents must be registered by October 4 to vote in the general election, and registering has never been easier.
- Register online at scVOTES.org (requires SC Driver's License or DMV ID Card)
- Register at county voter registration and elections office
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.org. Complete and return it to county voter registration and elections office:
- By mail (postmarked by October 4)
- By fax (received by October 4)
- By email attachment (received by October 4)
- If you have moved, make sure you are ready to vote by updating your registration.
- If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by October 4 to be eligible to vote.
- If you've moved within your county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you – and your neighbors – by updating your information prior to November 4.
Promote National Voter Registration DAy by using #CelebrateNVRD on social media accounts.