Stove sparks fire at kitchen in home in Loris - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Stove sparks fire at kitchen in home in Loris

Source: Loris VFD Source: Loris VFD

LORIS, SC (WMBF) – A kitchen fire at a home in Loris apparently started when the couple that lived there turned on the stove, and then decided to go out to eat.

The fire happened at about 5:13 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chief Jerry Hardee with the Loris Volunteer Fire Department. He said the stove was left on when the husband and wife went out to eat. When they got back, the fire had just started.

The husband used water to keep the fire from spreading.

A hole was cut in the roof by firefighters to check to make sure fire did not extend into the attic. Chief Hardee said the majority of damage was caused by smoke and water used the fight the fire.

The couple was checked by EMS at the scene for smoke inhalation, but didn't go the hospital.

Copyright 2014 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly